Supply and classroom prep sheet for
Charcoal Sketching “Homestead”
- I will need an open floor area to gather everyone for the demonstrations and then we’ll be working at the desks/tables.
- Please get everyone to clear desks (except for things they’ll need.) We’ll have more art time!
- A whiteboard or flip-chart page
at the front of the room (visible to all students while they are
drawing) will be needed for the directed drawing part of this lesson.
- Paper - 12"x18" white drawing paper (or 11"x17" copy paper)
- Charcoal (Standard medium willow charcoal is best)
- Paper Towels (one per student - plus some extra)
- Fixative or
Unscented Hair Spray (optional) - to spray onto finished artwork
to "glue down" the charcoal and prevent smudging. Best done outdoors. Can be
done at a later time.