Supply and classroom prep sheet for
Oil Pastel “Tiger”
- I will need an open floor
area to gather everyone for the demonstrations and then we’ll be working at
- Due to COVID-19 we won't be gathering for circle lessons, so we won't need the open floor area.
I will substitute by using:
It will be less fun this way, I know, but safety is key!
- the white board
- a sheet of chart paper or large construction paper
- your document camera/projector set up (if available)
get everyone to clear desks (except for things they’ll need.) We’ll have
more art time!
whiteboard or flip-chart page at the front of the room (visible to all
students while they are drawing) will be needed for the directed drawing part of
- Paper - 9”x12”
construction paper (White)
(You may do these on 12"x18" paper but it
will use more pastel and may take longer.)
- Pencils &
- Paper Towels
Pastels - Please check boxes for WHITE & BLACK as these are
the first to go!
Each student will need the following
- yellow, light orange or gold/ochre
note: OIL PASTELS are required for this project. If you have SOFT pastels they
are CHALK (not oil). Projects designed for Oil Pastel will NOT be successful
using Soft or Chalk pastels. (Too smudgy! Sorry!)