Supply and classroom prep sheet for
Watercolour “Windswept Coastline”
- I will need an open floor area to gather everyone for the demonstrations and then we’ll be working at the desks/tables.
- I will need a table and/or counter area to lay out palettes & water pots ahead of time. Please have paints in a visible location 15 min prior to start time. Thanks!
- Please get everyone to clear desks (except for things they’ll need.) We’ll have more art time!
- A whiteboard or flip-chart page
at the front of the room (visible to all students while they are
drawing) will be needed for the directed drawing part of this lesson.
- Paper - white 9" x 12" watercolour paper or
8.5”x11” white copy paper or card **watercolour paper will improve the
completed project** - No drawing paper or construction paper, please
- Pencils & Erasers
- If we are using liquid paints, I will bring brushes & palettes. If kits or blocks are being used, we will need to use your brushes, as mine are not suitable for this purpose.
- I will bring water pots.
in Portables: Please either have students bring an extra bottle of
water for painting or provide several buckets of cool water in the
portable ahead of time.
note: Kits and blocks are not recommended. Liquid tempera and
watercolours in tubes are both far better paints than most watercolour
kits. If this is your only option, please let me know ahead of time, so
that I can bring my kit.