Supply and classroom prep sheet for
Watercolour Pencils “Windswept Coastline”
- I will need an open floor area to gather everyone for the demonstrations and then we’ll be working at the desks/tables.
- I will probably need a counter area beside the sink to prepare water pots a few minutes ahead of time.
- Please get everyone to clear desks (except for things they’ll need.) We’ll have more art time!
- A whiteboard or flip-chart page
at the front of the room (visible to all students while they are
drawing) will be needed for the directed drawing part of this lesson.
FOR WATERCOLOUR PENCILS
- Paper - watercolour
- 8”x10” or slightly larger
paper will improve the completed project)
8.5"x11" copy paper or other smooth-surfaced paper or card.
(Not drawing paper, please)
- Pencils & Erasers
- Watercolour Pencil Kits
may share a kit or set of colours with one classmate (not several) -
although ideally each student will have a kit.)
- Water (sink access)
- Paper Towels (one each, plus some for clean-up)
- I will bring
brushes (if they are not included in the
- I will
bring water pots.
Portables: Please either have students bring an extra bottle of water for
painting or provide several buckets of cool water in the portable ahead of
note: If your school doesn't have watercolour pencils, this lesson can
also be done with standard pencil crayons. (no painting) Please let me know
ahead of time if we need to switch to standard pencil crayons, so I can bring